Jared's eyes have been an ongoing issue since we found out he has Keratoconus four years ago. For the last two years he has been fortunate to find a hard/soft contact that doesn't cause infection in his eyes due to lack of oxygen. In September, Jared went to his normal doctor for his yearly eye exam. His prescription got worse...normal deterioration, so he had to order new contacts. We said, no problem. He received them Wednesday. Thursday, when I got home a little early from work Jared said he had been dizzy all day and his right eye had been completely blurry. I took him directly to the optometrist office so the doctor could look at his eyes. Jared has developed an eye allergy and it might be from his contacts. The doc gave him a steroid and hopefully will clear things up. Only time will tell.
Jared can only wear these types of contacts. They are a soft outer edge with a hard center. This helps slow the cornea from taking a cone shape keeping his vision at a slow deterioration rate and still allows his eye to breath. The hard contacts suction to his eye not letting it breath and makes his eyes bloodshot and feel like someone is stabbing his eyeball. Without these contacts, he can barely see. I feel helpless when Jared talks about not being able to see. It breaks my heart not to feel his pain and not knowing how to tell him it will be OK. I know he is worried that one day he will wake up not to see anything. I know he is scared for that and so am I. I pray for his courage and my strength to get us through it if and when it does happen.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment