A sign of kindness sits in patience. During my morning errands this morning I encountered more rude people than normal. A coincidence. Maybe. Maybe I was watching for it more than normal since I lay in bed last night wondering where some people find their patience. First I was at the tire store to have my tires rotated and aligned. I was waiting for my turn to be helped when a gentleman....not sure if he was a gentleman, but a middle aged upset human being, stepped in front of me in line to be helped next. The service man behind the counter had motioned and said that I had been waiting and it was my turn.
In return the man who cut me off said he was in a hurry and that his time was valuable. I'm sorry, am I not a person? Is my time and worth not valuable? Instead of keeping my mouth shut I positioned myself toward him countering that he was rude but obviously someone made him out to be king for the day and no one got the memo. However, I did let him go in front of me. At that point I really just didn't care.
On to Target I found myself waiting in line at checkout and the poor cashier couldn't seem to get anything working. So I sat patiently for 10 minutes waiting to pay for something simple and yet she was rude when I asked if I should stand in another line. I could tell she was frustrated but her anger at the computer shouldn't be lashed out at the people standing in line. So I waiting patiently with a smile until the manager shut her station down and sent me to customer service to be rang up. When the cashier at customer service rang my item up incorrectly I politely said that it was a lower price and that I would be more than happy to check, it might have been my mistake. She said she had rang it correctly and that it couldn't have been on sale. So i said fine, I will go check. She rolled her eyes and said whatever. Seriously...isn't the customer always correct? Surprise, Surprise, I was right. I walked back up to the customer service desk where she was speaking with her manager at this point. I motioned that I was ready and that it was indeed rang incorrectly. She ripped the receipt out of my hand and fixed it. I patiently waited with a smile. Patience is a virtue.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment