This last weekend we were able to once again head to Leavenworth, Washington with good friends to celebrate a birthday and do the Oktoberfest activities. It was great fun. We met the Watt's, Gjerde's, Wolf's, and Burn's there and some new friends then spent the weekend eating great food, enjoying each others company and of course taking part of all the Oktoberfest festivities. May I add, I was crowned Miss Oktober by our friends. As one of the only couples that had par taken in this fun German festival it was fun to introduce the craziness to everyone else.
Before we left I spoke with my doctor who informed me that my blood tests came back great, besides the Calcium levels which needed to be higher and that my MRI looked good. My tumor is still shrinking without the help of medication now and the blood that was once surrounding it is still slowly disapating. The headaches were a concern in which I have been referred to a Neurologist. Another doctor....AWESOME! Can you you feel the enthusiasim in my typing? Well, at least one thing seems to be under control...hopefully this is nothing but they want me to see this doctor to rule out anything serious as a precaution. Let's keep this good news going.
Sunday, when we returned home we attended a wedding of Jared's cousin David. The event was held at Bookwalter Winery which is a fun little venue that I have been to just tasting however it was pouring down rain and the wedding was supposed to be outside. If I was the bride or the venue I would have thought of a tent for possible rain fall during the event considering it is OCTOBER? Anyway, we all cramed inside this small tasting area and dining area so the couple could marry. It was quite intimate if you could imagine with all 85-100 people that were trying to fit in out of the rain. Of course as soon as the ceremony was over, the rain stopped and we could all breathe slightly better as people started to head outdoors under some umbrellas on the patio. At the end of everything the only thing that mattered was that they got married and are super happy. So Congratulations to David and Ashley!
The rest of the week was a whirlwind of activites that both had us going every which way. Jared then told me Thursday he wanted to take me on a date Friday night. When I got home Friday, he told me to get my costco list as that was where we were headed. Of course, the last few Fridays we have had off we end up going to Costco. So he thought he was funny, what's better to do on a Friday night than go to Costco? I had to laugh, he thought he was pretty clever. We didn't end up going to Costco, but we did go on a real date by ourselves! It has been a while. We're just so busy these days it's crazy and we don't even have kids yet! Where does the time go?
So that is my week in review....not too exciting but it was lived. Time to start a new week!
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment