Once I think I am getting better, it turns out that I am not. I ended up in the hospital again....yes again. It looks as though my hospital incident Valentines Day weekend was the same cause of this one. Of course they now know what has happened. I spent the day in Spokane with my sister Melissa only to be miserable the whole day with crazy stomach pain. I left Spokane early to drive home as I knew I was definitely not feeling well. Once I was home I called Jared to come home. I didn't even have to say anything, he already knew we had to go the hospital. It was Sunday, not just any Sunday, Boat Race weekend Sunday. Boat races had just ended and all the crazy drunk people had finally shown up to the ER right before me. Jared and I spent from 8pm to 2am in the ER only to be told that I would have to stay a couple days. I was not a happy camper. By 3:30am I was upstairs with pain meds and a room. It turns out that I have diverticulitis. Something that effects your lower intestines and your colon. Most people don't have this problem until they are in their 40's and 50's. Turns out that all the meds I have been on for everything else has been causing blockages and I just passed them off as nothing.
I learn after getting to my room that I will be joined shortly by my roommate. SHE WAS CRAZY! To make a long story short, I was blessed when they told me she had to move rooms.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Heather, That really stinks! I tell my students about that and they think that I'm crazy for telling them that they should eat more fiber so the don't get diverticulous. (Sorry that I can't spell that word.) Well I hope that you are feeling better now and that everything is going well.
ReplyDelete