I never mind Halloween but his year I just wasn't into it. I didn't get any of my decorations out or dress up or anything. However, we did do our annual pumpkin carving with our friends the Schlotthauers. I do look forward to that every year. We always have a good time. Mollie made dinner and I brought over some pumpkin cookie dough so we could have fresh cookies after we carved our pumpkins. Jared carved a mess of pumpkins while I did a little goblin devil...he's cute! 

On Halloween night, Jared and I stayed home to pass out candy. I told him that a friend and her boyfriend were dressing up as the ghost busters so he was inspired and found the movie on Netflix. I forgot how cheesy that movie is but we laughed. We didn't get as many trick-or-treaters this year as I thought but I still ran out of candy. I only had one more person come to my door after that and boy were they RUDE! I said sorry and that I didn't have any more candy and they asked if they could get something else? Seriously...then I said sorry um...no. They said we sucked and ran off. Nice kids huh. The one thing I can't stand on Halloween is kids coming to the door not even dressed up....can't you at least try a little? Some costumes you could make with out spending any money....so that can't be an excuse. Then they just push their way to the front of all the other kids and don't even say anything....not to mention Happy Halloween, trick or treat or even thank you. Then they throw their candy garbage into your yard....oh the parents too. I had a guy do it last night right in front of me. I asked him if we wanted me to pick it up and put it in the garbage for him and he said " Oh, that's ok" REALLY?!??!? I was so mad! Yet, he still didn't pick it up. So I did and told him thanks while he was walking away. Maybe I am the rude one? Next year I will set a garbage can next to the walk way so people can throw their own junk in it....I doubt that would help. We'll see.
Well, that is a recap of our Halloween 2009. I just can't wait for next year...sigh.


On Halloween night, Jared and I stayed home to pass out candy. I told him that a friend and her boyfriend were dressing up as the ghost busters so he was inspired and found the movie on Netflix. I forgot how cheesy that movie is but we laughed. We didn't get as many trick-or-treaters this year as I thought but I still ran out of candy. I only had one more person come to my door after that and boy were they RUDE! I said sorry and that I didn't have any more candy and they asked if they could get something else? Seriously...then I said sorry um...no. They said we sucked and ran off. Nice kids huh. The one thing I can't stand on Halloween is kids coming to the door not even dressed up....can't you at least try a little? Some costumes you could make with out spending any money....so that can't be an excuse. Then they just push their way to the front of all the other kids and don't even say anything....not to mention Happy Halloween, trick or treat or even thank you. Then they throw their candy garbage into your yard....oh the parents too. I had a guy do it last night right in front of me. I asked him if we wanted me to pick it up and put it in the garbage for him and he said " Oh, that's ok" REALLY?!??!? I was so mad! Yet, he still didn't pick it up. So I did and told him thanks while he was walking away. Maybe I am the rude one? Next year I will set a garbage can next to the walk way so people can throw their own junk in it....I doubt that would help. We'll see.
Well, that is a recap of our Halloween 2009. I just can't wait for next year...sigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment